Saturday, March 24, 2012

Things Straight People Do

Let me be more specific with the title that is just too long to actually be the title.

"The thing a straight woman, that is having men troubles, always says to a lesbian."

See too long. But I am sure you already know where I am going with this. In fact I won't even give you the thing they always say... I will just give you my answer.

Just because it is a woman does not mean you can't or won't be miserable. Women can be cruel, vicious, mean, bullies, jerks and assholes just as well as men can. Don't think all your relationship problems will be solved by merely switching sides. It just doesn't work like that.

Yes I bring this up as I had a recent conversation with a more recent of my acquaintances, but it has happened more than once. Even with people I don't really know.  "Oh you're a dyke... You know I thought about trying that once."  Really? You don't say... No really, you shouldn't say.

No one has said that exact sentence to me before, but I am just trying to make a point here.

Wait, what is my point? Do I ever have one?

I just find it funny is all. In this more recent conversation I even got asked how to pick up women. "I don' t know, the only time I ever tried I was shot down horribly." I know some of you might wonder, wait doesn't she have a girlfriend? Yes, but we met on the internet and I wooed her with my ability to write complete sentences with punctuation, grammar, and spelling (you know most of the time). Also we met on the basis of planning to merely be friends.


But I know enough about how to pick up women from observing and occasionally practicing. I got so drunk once I couldn't remember how to get into my flat (also as I was told had forgotten the password...) because I was flirting successfully with a cute bartender (yay free drinks).  And my girlfriend is an expert.  She doesn't even have to do anything. She just is so awesome at it, she does nothing and girls come to her and flirt.  Seriously, even when I am standing right there.

Ultimately what it comes down to is picking up someone is just like picking up anyone. Be confident, be friendly and be nice.  Which is actually what they taught us at work. But she hadn't been going into work like I hadn't been going into work.  But that is a whole 'nother matter.

Back to my point?

Relationships are not easy. Gender is not specific. Be yourself and you will find someone who balances you.  Lesson learned.

1 comment:

  1. If anything I think being in a relationship with another woman would be harder. Women can be really vindictive where mostly men are stupidly unaware. And then there is the whole synced cycles. Best thing to do is become best friends, no matter the gender, and work hard at making it work.

    ReplyDelete