Monday, January 1, 2018

Let Me Introduce Myself - For the 3rd Time

My attempts to make a name for myself online have ended in a rather epic fizzle. 

I started this blog back in 2009. I can't seem to figure out when Sally started her appearance, I first mention her in 2010. And I started posting as Delayne on The Kitten Board in 2010, adding a new chapter to an old wiccanbotanist fic. I had a good boost in 2012, which was a year that, at it's end, held major career changes for me.

I have a major career change coming up for me this month. And 2017 has been full of major things too, but they are the start of all the things happening for me in 2018.  

For work, I went to California because summers are slow in Idaho. Turns out it was a trial run, and I've gotten a promotion that will send me back to California.  My wife and I will be doing the long distance relationship thing, and in an attempt to distract myself from being super lonely, I will be spending lots of time reading, writing and social media.

Especially social media, because 2017 was the year of the Pocket Friends!  Now, I've been online for a while now and have interacted with some awesome people over the years. Last year, which ended yesterday so it feels really strange to write that, was epic in that I've finally met many of them, face to face.  And even if I had not, I think they would still be the strongest highlight of my 2017, as they have become so dear to me and supportive, and just... The Best.  And I'm excited that I will get to see more of them in the coming year.

I'm also excited about this new up and coming project that my BFF DarkWiccan and I are doing called the Earp Fiction Addiction Podcast. Yes, it is a podcast about Fan Fiction, in particular about fan fiction (mostly posted on AO3) of the Wynonna Earp TV show. No episodes have aired yet, but we have a few recorded and finished on the production room floor, ready for posting later this month. What DarkWiccan has been doing, besides most of the work, is being really active on Twitter, posting fic recommendations and retweeting other people's recs. We have gained many followers who are ready and waiting for our first episode to air. 

tl;dr - Expect to hear (Podcast) and see (Tumblr) more of me in the coming year. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment