Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Saving Books

I'm a bit behind in my NaNoWriMo, I should be around 5K words but only 1500. I've only written one day, is why. Yesterday I found myself at the library. I felt I needed more research. But while searching for some research, I found another book. I had recently read about it on afterellen.com in an older post under the "Across the Page." I was there trying to remember some authors I should check out for general lesbian fiction (as the fantasy/sci-fi genre for lesbian and gay fiction, while it does exsist, is a bit harder to find, at least for me). Plus I'm always a fan of the classics.

So while searching through the fiction section, I happened to see the book title "Patience and Sarah." It rang a bell so I pulled it out. Sure enough I had seen a similiar cover recently on "Across the Page." I brought it to the counter. The librarian opened it, turned it around on all its sides and goes, "You just saved a book." Apparently, if her boss had found it, would have tossed it as it wasn't barcoded and tagged in the new system. I feel good about saving it, though I doubt anyone will find it and read it willingly. And if so by mistakingly, perhaps a younger person, if found by their parents will have it taken away and brought back to the library and demand it be burned. So I'll admit, I am currently living in Hicksville (Similar to Sally's, but not where I live exactly), which I'm trying like hell to get away from, but so far no one has even nibbled on my resume.

That reminds me, I need to check on one I submitted, it would allow me a maximum of 4 months off each year which I would love to devote to writing. Send your positive thoughts and good luck. I'll finish Patience and Sarah (almost did last night) and get back to my NaNoWriMo, as I have another library book coming in on loan, but this one is actually useful and research... I swear!

1 comment:

  1. I've heard of this one and I've wanted to read it, but managed to put it off until I forgot about it.

    Yay for you, saving a book!

    ReplyDelete