Saturday, February 3, 2018

Episode 3 - Poetry

Look at that, as soon as I hit publish, I'll all be caught up for Monday's Episode 4!

So have yourself a listen while I ramble on about it.



01:55  I'd like to see a show of hands of those who were not avid reads yet that now are...

02:07  Seriously, I have to search so many acronyms and online slang

04:54  I paused and never finished my thought. I was thinking Beta as in the 2nd letter of the alphabet.

06:09  Fanfiction.net, I know a few authors who've had issues over there, which is why I think AO3 has become the more significant fanfiction archive website. I believe they don't have an Explicit or equivalent rating and if they think it is beyond Mature, and someone reports it, it will be taken down. Just checked and it says this "Please note FanFiction does not accept explicit content, Fiction Rating: MA, and the rating is only presented for reference."

08:17  Proof I will read anything she writes. Even though I already have lots to read, the other day I went and checked out one of her Ghostbuster fics (rated Explicit).

09:09  IT IS POETRY

14:44  Being Nice = Flirting; I could write a whole blog post about how many dudes had crushes on me when I was younger because I was always so nice... No, I promise. I was not flirting

21:04  Oh the awkward pausing and squeaking voice when I'm talking about sex, even beautifully written sex.

23:13 CONSENT IS SEXY

24:26  Just realized the parallels of the world we currently live in and how it is coming to light, for many men, about why women don't speak out, get help, confront the badness they deal with on a regular basis.  This shit is deep.

26:30  Did anyone else's brain go there? "A lot of meat on this bone...."

29:55  I should clear this up, since y'all know that I've been a fic writer for a while now. I'm speaking specifically about writing Wynonna Earp Fan Fiction and shipping of Wayhaught. As I had resisted from reading Earp Fiction (finally getting sucked in by this Mature rated fic), I had resisted from getting even more involved by starting to write. I had enough shit to do already, plus unfinished Willow/Tara fics. I just didn't have time to get started with more ideas that would never come to fruition.  Then I had a terrible idea. I presented my idea to DW and she felt it was not something she could write. I had no intention of writing it ever and considered pawning the idea off on a writer who could pull it off.  Less than a week later Tigerlo wrote this (also rated E). And I was inspired. What had started as a terrible idea actually began to turn into something wonderful and beautiful. And maybe someday I'll finish it and post it.

36:20  I'm still doing my Tumblr wrong, and this month will be full of selfies

38:54  I'm glad I didn't discover fan fiction when I was in college. I did discover it during my postgrad at Uni, and I barely survived.

41:14  There is something about a 6 hour drive on a fairly empty highway, music blasted and singing along, that is conducive to sorting out fic ideas or getting unstuck. If I'm lucky I'll have it sorted enough that when I do open my notebook or document later I can start off of what I built during my drive. I'm not often lucky.

49:45 I am a terrible fic abandoner. Some I don't think I will ever get back to. Too much time has passed and the moment is gone. But I agree with Tigerlo, there is something about posting multichapters as they come and getting to the end and going "crap!" it would have worked better for the ending if I had made this small change. So you either change the earlier chapter and hope people don't get mad, ignore the difference in continuity and hope people don't get mad or you change your brilliant idea to stay within the groundwork you've already lain.

01:02:52 Is it awkward that I'm telling complete strangers I love them? Who cares. I LOVE YOU ALL!

Notes: This was one where I actually took my notes down on my cellphone note app. I checked to see if there was anything that I missed and I wanted to mention. It took me a while to find it.

Now we did talk about Tigerlo's Tumblr, and what I as squealing about is her posts when she provides previews of her work before it is published to AO3. In this case, I made a note about the bandage scene in Waverly's Season 1 piece "inside, an echo" I had seen on Tumblr.  I was tempted to go hunt it down and link it, but I am defnitely done for the night!

Good night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment